Sunday, December 28, 2008

 
Posted by Picasa


My dear cat, Chloe, has brought me immeasurable comfort. I got her from a student of mine, who used to help me with technology in the school. So I'd drop him off at home, even though he lived within walking distance. It was in June 2006. As I pulled up to his house, one of his sisters came up to the car with this little white ball of fur about the size of my hand, their last kitten of a recent litter. I asked if I could hold her, so she passed her to me. She nestled upon my chest inches from and a certain future connection to my heart.

The sister said, "Do you want her?" and a voice inside of me, the one that didn't know I hadn't planned to have any more pets and the responsibility attached to one, said, "Sure I'll take her."

I don't have to tell anyone who has a pet what a joy she has been. We talk to each other and play. And, of course, she keeps me warm at night.

My Reeboks are very comfortable, too!

No comments: